We are based in Weisdale on the west of Shetland.
The company can trace its origins back to 1930 when Jackie Robinson
and Davie Morrison started a general merchant store. As well as running
the shop, Robinson and Morrison also did some private vehicle hire in
the local area.
With the unfortunate passing of Davie Morrison in 1945, Jackie was joined
in the business by his wife Mimie. In 1948 they were awarded the local
school contract which is still operated today. During the 1950s their
elder sons Melvyn and Ian joined the business which continued to grow,
benefitting especially during the 1970s with the advent of the Shetland
oil boom. When Jackie passed away in 1985, Melvyn and Ian were joined
in the business by their younger brother Graham.
During the next 18 years the hiring side of the business increased and
in 2004 Graham took this over, renaming it Robinson Transport.
Today the fleet consists of vehicles from 4 – 43 seaters used
on a variety of work including school contracts, private hire, stage
carriage and incoming tours.